About the Journal
EDITORIAL POLICIES AND RULES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES
ISSN: 1909-5775 Unicomfacauca Editorial
Response time first Editorial decision: 30 days after submission
Peer acceptance response time: 60 days
Publish response time: 30 days after acceptance
FOCUS AND SCOPE
I + T + C , is an annual publication, evaluated by peers, whose publishing entity is the Comfacauca University Corporation - UNICOMFACAUCA. Its main purpose is to disseminate the research results of the international and national academic community and the engineering faculties of the Corporación Universitaria comfacauca - Unicomfacauca, in all areas of engineering, such as: mechatronics, automation, mechanics, software development, environmental sciences. and agriculture, technology, education and TICs management. Below are the main considerations that must be taken into account to propose an article in this Journal.
The I + T + C journal will give preference to works of scientific quality, which, according to the typology of the National Indexing System of Scientific Publications of minciencias in Colombia, meet the following characteristics:
1) Scientific and technological research article . Document that presents, in detail, the original results of completed research projects. The structure generally used contains four important sections: introduction, methodology, results and conclusions.
2) Reflection article. Document that presents results of finished research from an analytical, interpretative or critical perspective of the author, on a specific topic, using original sources.
3) Review article. Document resulting from a completed research, where the results of published or unpublished research on a field in science or technology are analyzed, systematized and integrated, in order to account for progress and development trends. It is characterized by presenting a careful bibliographic review of at least 50 references.
GENERAL PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
Articles submitted for consideration by the Editorial Committee of the Journal for publication must follow the following instructions:
- The author must send the article through the OJS system ( register ) and attach the article file in the journal format, together with the Article Submission and Transfer of Rights Format, in which the article is submitted for evaluation, General information on the author (s) is attached, and it is stated that it is an original product, that it has not been presented to any other publication and that it will not be submitted to another journal for consideration while it remains in the arbitration process.
- Articles must be written on letter-size paper, on one side, typed using Microsoft Word (.docx), DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE single-spaced, one column, with all margins at 2.0 cm. Font Times New Roman, size 12. The first page should include: Article title, full names and surnames of the authors, abstract and keywords.
- The official languages to present the articles are Spanish, English and Portuguese, and their writing must be done in the third person.
- The length of the texts must have a minimum of 4000 and a maximum of 6000 words (including images and tables, it cannot exceed 16 pages)
- If the article includes mathematical equations, they must be done in Word's equation editor and numbered according to the IEEE format.
- In case of attaching graphic material (images, figures and tables), to ensure the high quality of the printing, this material and its legends must be designed in quality computer graphic editors.
The graphic material can be placed in full size, however, the authors must ensure a material with sufficient quality and resolution in such a way that it is reproduced without damaging its readability. Each graphic material must include the title and its numbering in order of appearance. This must be sent in an electronic file independent of the text (in high resolution at a minimum of 300 PPP, in JEPG, GIFF, PSD or BMP formats). Submit at least five illustrations of excellent quality to have a margin of selection.
Tables, figures and photographs must be original from the author (s); otherwise, it is necessary to request permission from the corresponding editor, or in case there are restrictions on the image, indicate the Creative Commons category to which it belongs.
All items must include:
- Qualification. It should be brief but descriptive of the content of the article, easily understood by the non-specialized reader. The nature of the title will be marked with an asterisk, specifying whether it is the product of an investigation, reflection or review. If it is the product of an investigation, the title of the project, date of completion and center, seedbed or research group that endorses it must be indicated. It must be submitted in Spanish, English OR Portuguese .
- Authors. Indicate with two asterisks the full names and surnames of the author (s), city, level 1 of education, current institutional affiliation, position, address, email, city and country.
- Summary. Brief description of the central topic of the article, in which the objectives, methodology, results and conclusions of the article are synthesized. With a maximum of 150 words, in Spanish, English OR Portuguese and must be written in a single paragraph. They should not coincide with complete portions taken literally from the body of the text (eg from the introduction or conclusions).
- Keywords. Up to 5 keywords must be presented in the three languages, ordered alphabetically, and where possible they correspond to descriptors or thesauri, such as those of UNESCO ( http://databases.unesco.org/thessp ) or another that it considers relevant for the knowledge area.
- Introduction. It must contain a justification and / or background of the problem or issue; the hypothesis or description of the problem or theme; and the thesis and method followed to obtain the solution of the problem or treatment or organization of the subject, which must be consistent with the content.
- Development of the topic by points . Follow numbering as appropriate. Materials and methods and results. Tables and figures.
- Conclusions. Reflection of the achievements of the work with respect to the objectives set and brief discussion of the future of the subject.
- Bibliographic references . IEEE standards will be used for references (see section on Citation Standards).
- Acknowledgments . Optional section
The journal is governed by a code of ethics published on the institutional page of the Corporación Universitaria Comfacauca - CODE OF ETHICS - UNICOMFACAUCA .
The Editorial Committee will carry out a first review of the articles received through the OJS and the "Format Checklist for Compliance with the Journal's Standards", examining only the form, the result of said process will be done in three ways: Received, Received with Modifications and Not Received. When modifications are made, the authors will have one week to submit the article again.
Subsequently, the Editorial Committee will submit the articles for evaluation by academic peers specialized in the subject , taking into account the area of the article. Each article will be evaluated by 2 referees , and at least 50% of the peer evaluators will be external to the Corporación Universitaria Comfacauca - UNICOMFACAUCA. The journal's arbitration process is doubly blind, which implies that neither the authors nor the peers will know each other's identities.
The academic peers will evaluate according to the criteria established in the "Journal Evaluation Format" delivered by the Editorial Committee. The result is issued in three ways:
- Approved for publication without modifications.
- Approved for publication after modifications made by the author and verification thereof by the Journal
- Not Approved for Publication.
In the event that the article is evaluated, but requires modifications, the Editorial Committee will be in charge of sending the suggestions, so that the author can make the respective corrections if necessary. The maximum deadline for delivery of corrections is 3 weeks that will begin the day after the work is submitted with the modifications suggested by the referee. Subsequently, after this process has been satisfactorily completed, an initial approval will be given.
Once the article is initially approved, the Editorial Committee together with the editor will select the articles that meet the highest levels of scientific quality, giving final approval. Thus, the receipt of contributions does not imply the obligation of their publication.
When the article is approved for publication, the author will receive notification by email.
The formats registered by the referees and all the documents that support the editorial process will be saved in the repository and file of the publishing entity.
The Comfacauca University Corporation - UNICOMFACAUCA, will not be responsible for the concepts issued in the publications and no claim may proceed against it. The responsibility of the concepts is exclusively of their authors.
The responsibility for preparing the article properly for publication (including its spelling) rests with the author (s). Articles that do not comply with the established standards will not be taken into account for publication.
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGE - APC
The I + T + C Journal does NOT make any charge (Article Processing Charge - APC) to any of the authors for the reception, evaluation and publication of the articles..
All content sent to the journal for publication will be reviewed by anti-plagiarism software. Unicomfacauca will use the URKUND software, acquired and licensed for this purpose.
The I + T + C journal uses the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) bibliographic format, in which only the initial of the author's name is shown, uses italics for the name of the book, and requires information from the publisher, place of publication and year of publication, as a minimum. In the case that the article has more than 5 or more authors, only the first author can be written and then et al. in italics. If there is extra information, such as volume number, number of pages, series to which it belongs, etc., this can also be included. If several books by the same author are cited, the author's name can be replaced by a hyphen.
IEEE does not require mentioning the author and title in the text. It is inserted into the grammar of the sentence as if they were footnotes or nouns.
Examples of references in the text
as shown by Brown , ; as mentioned before in ,  - , ; Smith  and Brown and Jones ; Wood et al. 
Three or more authors are put first and "et al."
as demonstrated in ; and according to  and  - .
- Basic format for books:
- K. Author, "Title of the chapter of the book". Edition. Publication City, Country if not US Publisher abbrev, year, ch. x, pp. xxx-xxx.
- Basic format for periodicals
- K. Author, "Name of the article," Abbrev. Publication title, vol. x, No. x, pp. xxx-xxx, Abbrev. Month year.
- Basic format for reports
- K. Author, "Report Title," Abbrev. Co Name, Co City, Abbrev. State, Rep. Xxx, year.
- Basic format for books (available on the internet):
Author. (year month day). Qualification. (edit) [Media type]. volume (number). Available at: site / path / file
- Basic format for magazines (available on the internet):
Author. (year month). Qualification. Magazine. [Media type]. volume (number), pages. Available at: site / path / file
- Basic format for papers presented at conferences (available on the internet):
Author. (year month). Qualification. Presented at the Conference. [Media type]. Available at: site / path / file
- Basic format for reports (available on the internet):
Author. (year month). Qualification. Company. City, State or Country. [Media type]. Available at: site / path / file
- Basic format for patents (available on the internet):
Name of the invention, name of the inventor. (year month day). Patent number [Media type]. Available at: site / path / file
- Basic format for conferences (published):
JK Author, "Article Title" Abbreviated Name of Conf., City of Conf., Abbrev. State, year, pp. Xxxxxx.
- Basic format for patents:
JK Author, "Patent Title," Patent Number. x xxx xxx, Abbrev. Month day Year.
- Basic format for thesis (MS) and dissertations (Ph.D.):
- K. Author, "Thesis title," MS thesis, Abrev. Dept., Abrev. Univ. Ciudad de la Univ., Abrev. State, year.
- K. Author, "Thesis Title," Ph.D. dissertation, Abrev. Dept., Abrev. Univ. Ciudad de la Univ., Abrev. State, year.
- Basic format for unpublished common reference types.
- K. Author, private communication, Abrev. Month year.
- K. Author, "Title of the article". Not published.
JK Author, "Article title". In the process of publication.
- Basic format for standards.
Standard title, standard number, date.
Whenever possible include the DOI or URL in the references.
CALL OF PAPERS
Teachers, researchers and students are invited to send their unpublished articles, results of research works and other outstanding works on engineering, tecnology and sciences, for the Edition of the Journal year after year.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The I + T + C Journal provides immediate open access to its content, based on the principle that offering the public free access to research helps a greater global exchange of knowledge. Thanks to the Open Journal System, the contents of the I + T + C Journal, are available immediately after an edition is published.
The works are published under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license, this license allows copying, redistributing the material in any medium or format, remixing, transforming and creating from the material. However, credit must be given to the authors, no commercial use and the generated material must be licensed under this same license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/deed.es).
LOCKSS o CLOCKSS
The magazine uses the LOCKSS and CLOCKSS storage systems
Any questions write to firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com